300g plain flour
150g golden caster sugar
2 tsps baking powder
50g chocolate chips or 80g fresh fruit
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsps sunflower oil
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and thoroughly grease 2 12-hole mini-muffin pans.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or fruit.
- Use a jug to measure out the milk and then add the oil, vanilla and egg. Whisk up together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in your wet ones.
- Mix quickly to combine.
- Measure the mixture into the muffin tin – roughly a tbsp a hole.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes until golden and springy.
- Leave in the tin for a minute and then gently turn them out, making sure each is loose before attempting to release it.