130g self-raising flour
130g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
Packet of frozen raspberries, defrosted
350g icing sugar
To make the cakes:
- Preheat oven to 175 C and line a muffin tray with papers.
- Press the raspberries through a sieve into bowl, leaving behind all the seeds and pulpy bits. You should end up with a thick raspberry goo.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Stir the baking powder and flour together. Add a tablespoon of the mix with each egg and beat in 1 at a time.
- Stir in the rest of the flour and about 50ml of the raspberry goo. Add about half of the rest of the goo and fold in to make a marble effect.
- Divide between the 12 cakes and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a rack.
To make the icing:
- Beat the butter to soften it.
- Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and mix a little. Add the prosecco and beat until smooth.
- Pipe onto your cakes and sick a fresh raspberry on top.
If you want to use the leftover raspberry goo then add some icing sugar to sweeten and you could use it as an ice cream sauce.